Publicly disclosed information for this event
|The website of a British passenger transport company is the victim of a denial of service attack [...]
The website of a British passenger transport company is the victim of a denial of service attack claimed by a hacktivist group supporting Russia.
Claimed/Reported Threat Actor
Recommendations to Transport to reduce Denial of Service risks:
- Implement rate limiting and traffic filtering to mitigate the impact of incoming malicious traffic.
- Check with your IT service provider that the resilience of its systems against such attack was tested.
- Regularly monitor network traffic and set up alerting for unusual patterns or spikes.
- Diversify your server locations and use fail-over systems to ensure service availability in case of an attack.
- Establish an incident response plan to quickly mitigate and recover from DoS attacks.
Disclaimer: the data are provided as is. France Cyber Maritime and the M-CERT take no responsibility for the soundness,
quality, precision, nor the eventual attribution made by the referenced URLs. We give a lot of respect and
support to the victims of attacks.
Files generated on Monday, 11th December 2023.
ADMIRAL is licensed under the Creative Commons
Copyright © France Cyber Maritime 2023.