Publicly disclosed information for this event
|Sensitive data from the British Ministry of Defense and Navy has been stolen following a ransomware [...]
Sensitive data from the British Ministry of Defense and Navy has been stolen following a ransomware attack on a company specializing in fencing and security devices.
Claimed/Reported Threat Actor
Recommendations to Defence to reduce Virus/Ransomware risks:
- Map, understand, patch and secure your exposed assets on the Internet.
- Implement email filtering systems to detect and block phishing emails.
- Train your organisation, personnel regularly against these threats.
- Install efficient Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools.
- Work with your CSIRT organization to better understand the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures used by threat actors.
- Monitor your IT and OT systems to quickly detect potential pre-ransomware activity.
- Implement an efficient offline backup policy.
- Encrypt all sensitive data to avoid further data leaks.
Disclaimer: the data are provided as is. France Cyber Maritime and the M-CERT take no responsibility for the soundness,
quality, precision, nor the eventual attribution made by the referenced URLs. We give a lot of respect and
support to the victims of attacks.
Files generated on Monday, 11th December 2023.
ADMIRAL is licensed under the Creative Commons
Copyright © France Cyber Maritime 2023.