Publicly disclosed information for this event
|DP World, a port operator which handles 40% of Australia's maritime freight, said it had suspended [...]
DP World, a port operator which handles 40% of Australia's maritime freight, said it had suspended operations at its port terminals in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle due to a cybersecurity incident. The company restricted access to its IT systems, which resulted in the cessation of operational activity on its terminals.
DP WORLD AUSTRALIA
Claimed/Reported Threat Actor
Recommendations to Port to reduce Intrusion risks:
- Implement strong access controls and authentication mechanisms to limit unauthorized access, such as Multi Factor Authentication.
- Regularly update and patch software and systems to address known vulnerabilities.
- Use Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) to monitor and block suspicious activities.
- Segment your network to limit lateral movement by attackers in case of a breach.
- Educate your employees about phishing attacks and social engineering tactics to prevent credential theft.
Disclaimer: the data are provided as is. France Cyber Maritime and the M-CERT take no responsibility for the soundness,
quality, precision, nor the eventual attribution made by the referenced URLs. We give a lot of respect and
support to the victims of attacks.
Files generated on Monday, 11th December 2023.
ADMIRAL is licensed under the Creative Commons
Copyright © France Cyber Maritime 2023.